Our sustainability commitment
We recognise that live music events have an impact on the environment. The good news is that we can all do something about it.
You can learn about the actions we’re taking together with our event partner Mainstage, and how you can make a difference.
Our initiatives include:
Supporting climate action
- For Explorations 2024, Anjuanadeep and Mainstage Festivals are sharing donations from audience contributions, artists and crew, to support green initiatives on site and with organisations doing critical work to address the climate crisis. Learn more about our climate action partners below.
Travel and transport
- Limiting vehicles allowed on site; all staff, partners and artists in shared vehicles,
- All guests are given the option to purchase shared transport to the event and encouraged to use the festival shuttle to reduce travel emissions,
- Working with local crews and volunteers to reduce international travel.
- Working with the Albanian government to improve their recycling systems,
- Switching to reusable cup system; reusable water bottles permitted onsite and Tetra Pak water used at bars, and empties collected by the supplier to be recycled, to reduce waste and single use plastics,
- Aim to share / reuse all materials across future Explorations and other events.
- Working closely with our power management contractor and teams across site to prioritise energy conservation, maximise efficiency, and monitor energy use,
- Post-event monitoring reports will be used to help inform future efforts to conserve energy at other shows.
- All festival food traders use locally sourced produce,
- Working with onsite restaurants to educate them on the benefits of vegetarian and vegan dishes, and encourage them to offer a variety of options,
- No plastic food serveware onsite; permitted materials include wood, recycled paper/card or bamboo/vegeware range.
- Friends & family ticket holder contributions will be shared with SOS Childrens Villages Albania, who are committed to preventing child abuse and neglect, and provide support for children and families who need it the most,
- Free and subsidised tickets provided for residents of Albania and Kosovo, terms and conditions apply see FAQs for details.
- Working in partnership with expert third parties to measure and create a baseline for the environmental impact of Anjuna events with the aim to reduce this year on year.
What you can do
- Consider making a contribution when purchasing your tickets to help reduce CO2 emissions and support renewable energy projects,
- Use bins provided. We recycle drinks cans, cups, and food serve-ware into new products offsite,
- Respect the local neighbourhood. Leave quietly and put any waste in bins.
More about our nature conservation and carbon offset partners
Supplying Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) to more than 30 airlines worldwide, SkyNRG is building up SAF capacity to reduce emissions from air travels and meet the aviation industries’ 2050 net zero commitment.
CHOOOSE is an international team of engineers, entrepreneurs and climate experts. Together with their ecosystem of partners, the CHOOOSE platform is accelerating adoption of both readily-available and frontier climate solutions, from carbon removals and nature-based offsets to Sustainable Aviation Fuels.
You can calculate your journey and find further information about these projects here.
EuroNatur’s nature and species conservation projects help preserve Europe’s nature in its beauty and diversity. The foundation protects large-scale natural landscapes as well as ecologically valuable cultural landscapes throughout Europe.
Have you got ideas around what else we should be thinking about?
Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org